The Harry Potter series has been around for nearly 20 years, and during that time, fans have grown to love a certain motif that is common in the books and movies: blue roses. Here is a look at what these flowers mean in the context of the Harry Potter universe.
A blue rose is a symbol of love. It was given to Hermione by Ron in the seventh book, and she wears it in her hair during the Yule Ball.
What are the Symbolic Meanings of Blue Roses
Blue roses are the traditional favorite flower of the young, unmarried woman. They represent hope and innocence, and are often given as tokens of love. In Harry Potter, the blue rose is associated with the love story between Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.
How to Make Blue Roses
If you love the Harry Potter series, you will enjoy making these blue roses. You can make them as a decoration for your home or give them as a gift. Follow these simple steps to create these stunning flowers:
1) Start with blue tissue paper. Cut into 12-inch strips and then cut each strip in half. You will need 36 strips in total.
2) Apply a layer of glue to one end of the tissue strip and place it on the bottom of a glass jar. Repeat until all the tissue strips are in the jar.
3) Add water to the jar until it is covered, then place the lid on top and wait until the glue has dried completely.
4) Now it’s time to add the petals! Use a paintbrush to paint a small amount of hot water onto one side of each petal, then press it gently against the tissue paper in the jar. Do this for all 36 petals.
5) Finally, add a final layer of glue to each petal and place them on top of the water in the jar. Leave to dry for 24 hours before decorating as desired!
Why Are Blue Roses Significant in Harry Potter?
The blue rose is a significant flower in the Harry Potter series. It appears in both the original book and the movie adaptations, most notably when Hermione Granger sends a blue rose to Ron Weasley as a romantic gesture after he’s been hurt by Harry. In general, the blue rose is considered to be a symbol of love and passion. Additionally, it is said that blue roses are especially associated with hexes and curses. Therefore, it makes sense that Hermione would choose this flower to send Ron Weasley a message of love and affection.
Leave a Reply